Joy Hemp has worked for over 30 years in the bookkeeping field. Her vast experience has given her a thorough knowledge of the needs and bookkeeping requirements in the operation of small to medium-sized businesses. Her communication skills and patience as a teacher has led her to specialize in software training for users of Intuit’s Quickbooks® and Construction Partner software.
Joy is friendly, professional, detail oriented and most importantly reliable. She knows what it takes to keep the books in order and has what it takes to teach you the software. And her bookkeeping enthusiasm doesn’t stop there. Over twenty years ago she founded the Peninsula Bookkeepers Association, a support and educational network for bookkeepers and enrolled agents.
Joy also volunteered for the YWCA and for its Women Entrepreneurs Program having presented numerous workshops entitled “Keeping Track of the Money,” helping young entrepreneurs start off on the right foot in their business finances.
Joy is currently a member of these organizations:
- Peninsula Bookkeepers Association
- American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers
- Advisory Board Member of Deborah’s Palm
Joy was formerly a member of these organizations:
- Intuit’s ProAdvisor Program
- Canada College Business Extension (Advisory Committee)
- Thrive–Alliance of Non-Profits of San Mateo County (Oversight Committee Member)
- Women Seeing Beyond Today Conference, March 25, 2006 (Admin Committee Chair)
- Woman Day Conference, March 5, 2005 (Committee)
- Peninsula Bookkeepers Association (Founder, President, Vice-President)
- Professional Bookkeepers Association
- Treasurer, Tall Club of Silicon Valley (2008-2010)
- San Carlos Leads Club (Director)
- San Mateo Executive Club (Treasurer)
Joy is a graduate of these programs:
- Redwood City, San Carlos & Belmont Chambers of Commerce Leadership Program (2003)
- Quickbooks Provider Certification Program (2003)